Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Carrots


Growing up I could not stomache cooked carrots. Everything about them disgusted me. There were a few times I would go hungry because I refused to eat them. Now, however, my palate is changing little by little and many of the foods I hated I love now. Except for peas... I put my foot down at peas yuck. These carrots taste more like a dessert than a veggie. Who knew carrots could be so sweet?

The first time I made these carrots I was just bored in the kitchen and wanted to play around a little. Luckily, my little creation turned out to be a sucess and delicious. I love when that happens :) I love to make these and snack on them throughout the day, however, they can be a great side dish or even better on top of cous cous or quinoa.

~Ingredients~
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbs cinnamon
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs butter
pinch of kosher salt
4 or 5 carrots peeled and cut in half

Directions
Preheat oven to 375
Mix nutmeg, sugar, cinnamon,salt, and butter together. Rub all over carrots and let sit for 10 mins. Place in over for 20-25 mins. Let cool for 5 mins and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment