Tuesday, April 6, 2010

California Dreamin' Flatbread Pizza




I have be patiently waiting for Hass California Avocados make their way east. I'm a little bit bias but I think California has the best avocados :) They are finally here! I made a California Dreamin' Flatbread Pizza that is inspired by Cobb salad. You can't get anymore Californian than a Cobb salad :)

This flat bread pizza is simple but very flavorful! And since it has chicken breast and avocado I can dubb it a healthy pizza in my mind :)





Ingredients
3 garlic cloves
3 tbs. butter
1 grilled chicken breast
4 pieces of bacon
1 Hass avocado
handful of mozzarella cheese
2 tbs. blue cheese
lemon
pizza dough

Directions~
Preheat the oven to 475 F. Roll dough as thin as possible. Let rest for a few mins. In a small pan melt butter at medium heat and saute smashed garlic cloves. Place flat bread dough in oven and cook until golden brown. Mine took about 8 minutes. Once the flat bread is finished drizzle garlic butter on top, add chicken, and cheese. Place back in oven until cheese melts. Top with bacon and avocado squeeze a little lemon juice and eat! I was planning on adding tomatoes to make it more like a Cobb salad but I didn't have any on hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment