Sunday, April 11, 2010

Colombian Jugo de Mango or Mango Juice


>
My hubby is from Barranquilla, Colombia so he as opened my palate to many new foods. I absolutley love Colombian food... I just wish it was a little spicy :) In Colombia they make all their fruit juice themselves and they taste so much better. And boy do Colombians have a lot of delicious fruit that we don't have here. My favorite juices to make are Maracuya or passion fruit, Guyabana, Guava, Lulo, and Tamarindo.


My Colombian making juice :)

My juice is Colombian because a Colombian made it :)

Ingredients~

1 mango
1/2 c sugar
2 liters of water

Directions~
Cut peel off of mango and seed the mango. Add Half of the water in the blender and blend until the mango has liquified. Strain liquid in a mesh strainer. Disgard the pulp. Pour liquid back into blender and add half sugar and a little more water. Blend until sugar has dissolved. Do this twice until you dont have anymore sugar or water left. You might want to add a little bit more sugar if you like your juice a little sweeter. You can also use agave it you dont want to use sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment