Sunday, April 4, 2010

Red Enchiladas


This is probably my second favorite meal and I make it all the time. I miss my mom's enchiladas but mine are delicious too :)



Ingredients
12 corn tortillas
1 can Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce
2 c. Mexican blend cheese
1/2 of a small yellow onion chopped
Sour Cream and scallions

Directions~
preheat oven to 425 F
When my mom makes enchiladas she fries the tortillas until they are soft. You could do that but it adds unneeded calories. I stack the tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp towel. Then I put it into the microwave and heat for about a minute or until they are flexible. In a bowl empty contents of enchilada sauce into a bowl. In another bowl place cheese inside. get 1 tortilla at a time and submerge into enchilada sauce. Both sides of tortilla should be covered. Place tortilla on a plate. Add a little bit of cheese and roll tortilla. Repeat until all tortillas have been rolled. In a 8 X 8 pan add a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Squeeze all tortillas in pan, top with more enchilada sauce, onions, and cheese. Bake in oven until the cheese on the top has completely melted. Take out of oven and top with sour cream and scallions.

I can't wait to go to Mexico in November! Then we get to eat real Mexican food again and not the tex-mex junk they have in Dover.

No comments:

Post a Comment