Friday, April 2, 2010

Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken


I make roasted chicken at least twice a week because that is all my Hubby will eat for lunch. He is a very spoiled :) I have been reading different recipes for roasted lemon chicken and I combined all of them to make my own :)

Ingredients~
1 whole chicken
2 lemons
4 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
1/4 c. Extra Virgen Olive Oil

Directions~
Preheat oven to 425 F
Rinse off chicken and pat dry. Place in a roasting pan. In a bowl add olive oil, pepper, garlic salt,and kosher salt. Grate 1 lemon zest, add into bowl, and squeeze both lemons and add juice as well. Wisk together and pour over chicken. Rub marinade throughly. Fill cavity with left over lemon. Tie legs with kitchen string and tuck wing tips underneath the body. Roast chicken for 1 1/2 and eat!

*You can leave the chicken in tuperware overnight to give it more flavor if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment