Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana


This evening we had a romantic candlelight dinner. I made chicken parmigiana It was the first time I ever made it and it came out super yummy! The only problem was I left it a little too long in the broiler so it was a little too toasted :) It is now my Hubby's favorite dinner.

~Ingredients~

* This recipe is only to serve two people

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pound
2 cups Italian breadcrumbs but I make my own
2 large eggs
1 can tomato sauce
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese ( please don't use the smelly cheese in the green can!)

You have to make a little assembly line :)

In a bowl (of course!) beat egg with a little bit of water, salt, and pepper. In another bowl put bread crumbs. To make my breadcrumbs I get 4 pieces of white bread and toast it really well. Then I throw it into the food processor and add pepper, red pepper flakes (only if you like spicy food)garlic salt, onion salt, parmigiano reggiano cheese, and oregano. Blend it up and tada you have breadcrumbs!

Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and pound it thinly. I used my husband's hammer :)
Then dip chicken into the egg, into the breadcrumbs, double dip back in the egg, and again into the breadcrumbs. This is were double-dipping is ok :)



I don't know why the right one is darker than the left one :(

Now you can either bake the chicken at 350 F for 25 minutes or you can fry it for 7 to 8. After it is cooked then you top it with fire roasted tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Place in broiler for about a minute. Don't forget about it like I did :) Finally all you have to do is place it on top of pasta. I hate any kind of pasta so I ate mine sans pasta :)



After he is finished studying his CDC's we are going to snuggle up and watch Lady and the Tramp :)

Tomorrow I am going to make Ciabatta bread for Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches :)
By the way, I am really upset at Barnes & Nobel! I drove forty minutes to get there only to find out they do not carry any Julia Childs cookbooks! Errr I guess next time I will call first :(

P.S I really really need a Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl. It is a necessity in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment