Thursday, March 4, 2010

Too many cookies

My Hubby came home the other night asking me to bake some cookies for his supervisors at work. I'll take any excuse to bake :) I told him that I had to go to Michael's first to buy a few things so he came with me. The entire time at Michael's he kept complaining that I was making it a bigger deal than I should. But for me presentation is everything. Once I was finished with the cookies and the box he told me he was glad I went to Michael's... I love being right :) So I ended up making a little sampler box for two of his supervisors and one for our neighbors. I made 3 types of cookies that all came out soft and yummy. I made chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, and white chocolate chip walnut cookies. The white chocolate chip walnut cookies are the fav in this house :)





~These are the double chocolate chip cookies~



~These are Chocololate chip, double chocolate chip, and white chip chocolate walnut~



~And the finished project~



I was only going to make chocolate chip cookies but the wonderful thing about cooking is that you play around with different ingredients and hope it all comes out well :) I used my favorite cookie recipe! The Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe just added a few things as I went along.


Ingredient

1 Stick of softened butter

1 cup light brown sugar

3 tablespoons of granulated sugar

1 large egg

2 teaspoons of vanilla

1-3/4 cups of all pourpse flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1-1/2 teaspoon instant espresso

and I never measure the chocolate chips beause I have to have cookies loaded with chips. So I usually use almost an entire bag for 1 batch of cookies.


For the Double Chocolate chip cookies I add 2/3 of a cup of cocoa powder to the batter and I added white chocolate chips aswell as semisweet chocolate chunks.


For the White Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie I added white chocolate chips and about a cup of chopped walnuts.

Then you preheat the over to 300 degrees.

In a mixer, cream butter for 30 seconds

Add egg and vanilla to butter and mix for another 30 seconds

Sift all dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix for about 15 seconds. If all the dry ingredients havent been well incorporated into the wet ingredients withing the 15 seconds just mix it with a spatula. Make sure to not over mix the dough in a mixer otherwise you will have cookies that look like tortillas. I know that from past baking expirences :)

Then use a spoon or ice cream scooper to place 1[2 tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet.

I like soft cookies so I usually take my cookies out 3-4 mins before the actuall recipe calls for. So I bake my cookies for 16-17 mins but the Neiman Marcus recipe calls for 20 mins.


Now hopefully my hubby's supervisor's wont TDY him for a while :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment