Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring! Went to The Nation's Capital



Yaay Spring! I have been waiting for it to warm up ever since we PSC'd to Dover In December. It was a perfect 72 degrees so we decided it would be the perfect day to go to D.C. It's times like these that make me happy that I live on the East Coast and can see so many different places but I still would rather be back in LA :) We were able to go to the top of the Washington Monument, see the Capital Building, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Monument, and White House. Plus we went to the Holocaust Muesum and the Smithsonian. It was amazing to stand where so many historical figures have stood, and know that I was so close to President Obama :) The only bad part about the trip was all the rude and obnoxious people protesting against the healthcare bill. Now don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with protesting... it is just how you go about it. These people were going up to families picinicing and yelling at them saying how bad of a president Obama is and how we are all going to hell if we support the bill blah blah blah. Like honestly??? Is that necessary? Is it necessary to hold signs up of dead babies? There were so many kids there and they didn't need to see that. I believe everyone should be entitled to there opinion but how they were protesting wasn't helping recruiting people on their side... they were actually making people very mad. I guess next time we ever go to D.C. I will turn on CNN first to make sure the Tea Party lunatics aren't there :)


I wanted to recreate the scene in Forrest Gump when Forrest and Jenny run through the water :) If only my hubby was in his blues :)


I knew the Lincoln Memorial was big but I didn't expect it to be that big!



The White House up close and personal :) It was cool knowing I was so close to President Obama



The White House from the Washington Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment