Monday, March 15, 2010

Los Angeles Alley Dogs!



When my mom married my stepdad was when we starting venturing out into parts of Los Angeles we had never been before. The parts he took us weren't always the cleanest or the prettiest but as I found out they are the places with the best food. We used to go to the garment district and flower district or the Allies. They get so crowded with people and there are too many languages being spoken that the entire time you feel lost in a different country. The best part of the weekend trips weren't the cheap clothes we would buy but the Alley Dogs. I miss them so much! My sister even cried over one :)



The Alley Dog or what some people call a Danger Dog are hot dogs sold on the side of the street by vendors. The hot dogs are simple, bacon wrapped with sauteed onions and bell peppers. On top of that you can get ketchup, mustard, and mayo. They look disgusting and I'm not going to lie the first time we ate one I was a little weary because the area is sketchy. But they are so good and to me considered my comfort food. With the weather bad on the East Coast right now the Alley Dog brings me back to the Garment District with my family :)

Ingredients
hot dogs
bacon
onions
bell peppers

Directions
Saute onions and bell peppers in oil until soft. Once the bell pepper and onions are soft cook the bacon wrapped hot dogs in the same pan until the bacon is cooked all the way through. Top with mayo, mustard, and ketchup and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment