Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!


I made pizza for movie night :)

This is my "go to" pizza dough recipe. I use it to make pizza, stromboli, and calzones. It never fails me.

For the pizza dough you can buy it already made at the grocery store or make it like I do. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water in between 110 and 120 degrees
2 cups all pourpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar

1.In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes.

2.In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise about 30 minutes. And Ta Daaa! you have yummy pizza dough!


I added fire roasted tomato sauce, a little red pepper flakes, mozzarella, and a little Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

Pop it in the oven at 425 degrees until the cust is golden brown. Take out and let cool down for a few mins. then eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment