Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stromboli for Dinner!



I make homemade pizza atleast twice a week so this week I thought I would change it up a little bit. Since we are on the East Coast and live so close to where the Stromboli was created we just had to have it :) It didnt poof up as much as I thought it would but hey I'm not Italian so it isn't my fault my pizza isn't perfect :)

For the pizza dough you can buy it already made at the grocery store or make it like I do. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water in between 110 and 120 degrees
2 cups all pourpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar

1.In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes.

2.In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise about 30 minutes. And Ta Daaa! you have yummy pizza dough!

Now for the Stromboli!
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Roll out the dough as if you were going to make a large pizza. Then you add your favorite tomatoe sauce mozzarella cheese and whatever toppings you would like.





I added pepperoni, Capicola ham, bacon, bellpeppers, and onions. Fold in the corners and roll the dough.

You can brush the dough with egg to make it shiny but I used garlic butter to add extra flavor. Bake until golden brown. I baked my stromboli on an oiled pizza stone because I didn't have a cookie sheet big enough.



MANGIA!!



*Side note... try not to eat a piece right out of the oven because the sauce is freaking hot!



Sooo Yummy! Now if only I knew how to make gelato :)

No comments:

Post a Comment